10 Questions You Should Ask Your CatererUncategorized
If you're hiring a caterer for the first time, it can be difficult to know what to say to or what to ask in order to determine if a prospective caterer is the right person to cater your event. Before you hire the first person with the best estimate or tastiest looking food, make sure to ask the following questions:
- What are your signature foods?
- How many staffers will you have working my event, and what will they be wearing?
- Will you have servers or will the food be served buffet style?
- What additional services do you offer, such as bartending or decoration set-up?
- Where do you get your ingredients?
- What equipment do you already have for the event, and what will you need to rent?
- What is your policy on leftover food?
- Can you provide me with a breakdown of the estimate? If the estimate is per head, what does the cost include?
- How do you handle guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- Do you have liability insurance and a health permit for making and serving food?
The answers to these questions should provide you with a great way to gauge what you can expect on the day of your event. Think about how you envision the event, and make sure that you and the caterer both know and understand the plan. Then, you can try some of the foods that a prospective caterer will provide for the event and excitedly await for the date of your event to arrive.