Saving Money for Your Next EventUncategorized
Throwing a party that needs catering like a wedding reception or business event can come with a high price tag. While having a professional company cater your event can alleviate stress, it can sometimes unnecessarily add stress if you are worried about the expenses. Here are some tips for saving money at your next catered event:
- Do your own thing. Just because something is often done, doesn't mean you have to do it. For example, the cubed cheese platter is often a staple at wedding cocktail events, but most people won't miss it if you choose not to do a cheese platter in favor of something else.
- Sometimes less is more. You don't need to stuff your guests. Choose some unique or showy choices and let those food items stand out. If there are too many choices, guests often feel overwhelmed.
- Hand pass hors d'oeuvres. If you are serving appetizers and hors d'oeuvres, choose to have them hand passed (or at least the most expensive ones). Studies show that guests consume fewer of these snacks when they are hand passed than if they are set out.
- Go with the pasta. Pasta dishes are generally less expensive than other items on the menu like meat. If you want to serve specialty meats or seafood, make it part of the appetizers where the portions are smaller.
- Look at seasonal prices. Some prices on the catering menu will vary depending on the season. Order what is in season for the lowest prices on those particular items.