What Standards Should You Expect from Your Caterer?Uncategorized
If you are unfamiliar with the catering industry beyond enjoying meals as a guest, then you may be stumped when it is your turn to plan a catered event like a wedding, business function, charity fundraiser, or birthday party. How do you know what to order? When should you make your reservation? Most importantly, how do you know what makes a good caterer beyond the obvious: tasty food? We can tell you the standards that you should expect of your caterer, which are:
- High-quality food is an obvious necessity. It should be temperature-appropriate—food and drinks should be served hot, cold, or room-temperature depending on how they are traditionally served—and substantial enough to suit the guests' expectations.
- Your caterer should be flexible to your needs and requests (within reason of course).
- They should have a wide variety of food and drink offerings so that you can build your ideal menu.
- They should be punctual so that guests/attendees do not have to wait more than a few minutes for food and beverages.
- Catering staff should be professional and courteous when addressing you and your guests/attendees.
- They should have the marks of a professional company: an informative and attractive website, good reviews, insurance, and the proper certifications to handle and serve food, beverages, and alcohol.
- And, most importantly, a caterer should have a clear pride in the work that they do.